Frequently Asked Travel Questions

Do I need special travel documents to travel internationally?

Depending on your country of origin and your intended destination, passports and/or visas may be required for international travel. U.S. citizens need a passport valid for international travel and a visa is required, for example, for travel to China and Australia. Some countries may also have specific entry requirements that are dependent on age; this usually applies to children under age 17 who are traveling without both parents.  Another important note is expiration dates - many countries require your return trip to be a certain length of time prior to expiration date (for example, in the Philippines, it is 6 months).  For specific documentation requirements, U.S. residents should consult the U.S. State Department.

Will I have phone or Internet access while traveling abroad… and how do I avoid unexpected large mobile phone bills?

Accessibility to phone and/or internet access is generally not a problem, as most hotels, resorts and cruise vessels worldwide will have some sort of available phone or internet access available to travelers.  Some exceptions to this general assumption, however, do apply in certain destinations and regions, and we will do our best to provide information about any limitations upfront.

International mobile phone usage also depends on your service provider. Often, you may also be able to find mobile phones that are available for rent at major international airports for very reasonable rates. To ensure that you do not incur any international roaming charges, you should also consult with your mobile phone service provider before you embark on your vacation.  For example, disabling data use may not be enough to avoid charges - you may also need to turn off push notifications.